Thursday, September 29, 2011

What Do I fear?

Photo Courtesy: Pooja Cornelius

She boarded the next metro that arrived and headed towards nowhere. She had no clue where she was going.

"How long will you run away?"

"As long as I can. I don't want to go back there. Again!"

"But that's what is best for you!"

"You don't tell me what is good, better, best for me. I decide it for myself, ON MY OWN!!"

"Right! Drink till your liver rots then"

"I will. How do you care about me?"

"I really don't. But I think, our daughter does. She is one little soul who understands everything you do, everything I say."

"Yes... Alright. Leave me in peace"

While she recollected the spat she had with her husband some hours ago, she lighted another cigarette and suddenly realised that she was in the metro train.
The Fire Alarm caused the train to stop and she was asked to get down.
The cops at the station started interrogating.

She said, "I am Kavita. Kavita Mehra. Kavita Anil Mehra"
She was allowed to go.

While she covered the distance between the platform and the closest seating area, a book from her bag fell. She picked it up and a fact hit her hard - Loneliness!

She took her phone and dialled a number, "Hello... GoodLife Retreat Home?"

2 comments:

  1. OK..I am sorry..I was left a little confused by the ending...why the retreat home?

    Its ok..if you do not bother to expand on it...may be I need to read again to get a hang of the subtleties!

    ReplyDelete
  2. the social message here is..
    people addicted to drugs/alcohol are lonely. They should take efforts to become a part of the society.
    it's mostly for the reader to make out from it... :)

    ReplyDelete

So..what do you think?

if there were no dreams

  if there were no dreams the permanence would slowly take over and the little escapes into the terrain of subconscious existence would deli...