Thursday, May 19, 2011

"I don't know"

"Where's Grampa?"

"I don't know!" (Betty laughs)

"And Gramma?"

"I don't know!", she drags her statement in a tune.

"What are you doing here?"

"I don't know!", she says sweetly.

"What's wrong with you?"

"I don't know!", her smile vanishing.

"Graampaaaaaa"

"Yeah kiddo, on my way....What is it?", Grampa looks at Betty.

"I don't know!" (Betty chuckles)

"Betty, stop that. Will you!"

"Ok!"  (Betty shuts her mouth instantly)

"Grampa, where's my baseball kit?"

"I don't know son!"

"Eh!!"

"Betty, you tell me!"

(Betty stays mum)

"Have you seen it?"

(She says nothing)

"Yes or no?"

(She looks at Ken and shrugs off)

"Tell me"

"I DON'T KNOW" , she yells and goes away.

"Grampa, I think the first time she said I don't know, I liked it more than what she said now"

"You did?"

"Yeah. It was really sweet. Where's my baseball kit, by the way"

"I don't know", Grampa mocks.



PS: This one is dedicated to Khushi who has uttered the cutest "I don't know" eva!! :) 

6 comments:

  1. Considering the fact, that I really don't know.......... Yamini complete the sentence for me :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ask khushi to complete it..meri jurrat jo uske 'i don't know' ke aage main kuch bolu... :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. ask khushi to complete it..meri jurrat jo uske 'i don't know' ke aage main kuch bolu... :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Betty and Ken are sure making an impact..I have started loving them and look forward to more of them..First it was ur Aisa b Hota Hain, now its Betty and Ken...u r weaving magic with ur words..the characters look so real..

    ReplyDelete
  5. @varu: Thanks yaa... Betty and Ken need some more exposure! Coz Aisa Kuch ho raha tha, all these days, that ABHH found a place.. now i am gradually shifting to something different!

    ReplyDelete

So..what do you think?

if there were no dreams

  if there were no dreams the permanence would slowly take over and the little escapes into the terrain of subconscious existence would deli...