Thursday, April 16, 2009

I sketch my shadow...



I sketch my shadow
As I walk along…
The light refuses to guide me
The wind refuses to sing a song
The soil refuses to imbibe my footprints …

I trace my footprints back…
As I look for the place where I began
The road says, it wasn’t me…
The trees give an unfamiliar glance
The flowers refuse to share their fragrance…

I try to smell the rain water on mud…
As I try to hold a lump of mud in my hand…
The mud doesn’t leave dirt….
The water doesn’t dry
The wetness remains intact….
I try to splash the water….
I am amazed to watch it work against gravity…
It doesn’t fall on the earth..
It refuses to obey the sun…
It is then intimidated by the mighty golden ball….

I look at the sun with my eyes open…
I refuse to blink…
It dares and attacks again…
It warns me not to go against nature…
I move myself towards the ground…
Where my shadow ought to cover the pebbles…
But I find no reflection…
And so I sketch my shadow, as I walk along….
As I walk against Nature……

Title credits: Abhishek Shrivastava

4 comments:

  1. Hats off :) and a million respects .... Not happy about the fact - but amazing expression ......
    this one is going into the books :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @sunny: Well... i am not happy either... but this is just a way of letting out the truth...the consequences of going against nature!!
    the humanity has been doing it.... and we'll have to face the nemesis!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yup... you are right. The nature is getting back at us for what we have been doing it to her.

    Nicely done Yam!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice abstraction. Keep inspiring! :)

    ReplyDelete

So..what do you think?

if there were no dreams

  if there were no dreams the permanence would slowly take over and the little escapes into the terrain of subconscious existence would deli...