Thursday, February 07, 2008

Mirror Image

I fought against the light and walked against the tides.
I swam across the oceans to an unknown place.
I was busy making all people glad,
The image in the mirror seemed an unfamiliar face……….

The reflection asked whether I knew myself.
I smiled, but didn’t know what to say
Mockery or Reality? I was given a choice
It said there wouldn’t be any replay.

A Monologue began and the image spoke
And I thought I was speaking all the while
The words were harsh and they tried to evoke
All the passions that appeared futile.

I assumed I was happy with all the serenity around
I thought I better look inside, one time
All the tunes of mind seemed harmonized
The lyrics of my soul just failed to rhyme.

I felt helpless as the mirror deceived
The image smiled and gave a staid glance
Fear reigned as I gathered my thoughts
And I knew I wouldn’t get a second chance

I fought for the world, I played so well,
I consoled humanity with a pleasant embrace
I had concealed myself, and blamed the mirror
Because I couldn’t recognize the unfamiliar face.

1 comment:

  1. Well thought of and very well put.. shows what you are.. or rather you were going through...

    ReplyDelete

So..what do you think?

if there were no dreams

  if there were no dreams the permanence would slowly take over and the little escapes into the terrain of subconscious existence would deli...