Friday, December 24, 2010

Rewind. Stop. Forward

2010 is almost over. It was a satisfying year for me. I have seen it all, crest, trough, the neutral period. Everything. 
To sum it up, let me put things in a quatitative perspective.
Here are my top fives for the year 2010.


5 Most memorable occasions
1. The day I cleared my Interview and got a job - 28th May
2. My trip to Kerala, Jincy's wedding. - 30th August
3. Dhanteras 2010, at home. - 3rd November
4. My First Onsite Trip to Germany - 14th November
5. The day I took an unconventional decision of running for my dreams. - 28th November


5 Most favourite movies
1. Once upon a time in Mumbai
2. Guzaarish
3. Dabangg
4. Robot
5. Udaan


Top 5 news of 2010
1.  Air India Express Flight 812 overshoots the runway at Mangalore International Airport in India, killing 158 and leaving 8 survivors. :(
2. The 2010 FIFA World Cup held in South Africa, was won by Spain.
3. Kajol had a baby boy - Yug Devgn
4. Onion prices touch 85 Rs per Kg
5. Snow fall predicted in New Delhi this year


Top 5 songs (Dance numbers) of 2010
1. Apni toh jaise taise (Housefull)
2. Munni Badnaam Hui (Dabangg)
3. Sheila ki Jawaani (Tees Maar Khan)
4. Ainvayi Ainvayi (Band Bajaa Baraat)
5. Humka Peeni hai (Dabangg)


Top 5 Jodis of 2010
1. Shahrukh and Kajol (My Name is Khan)
2. Mahendra Singh and Sakshi Dhoni
3. Imran Khan and Deepika Padukone
4. Ranbir Kapoor and Priyanka Chopra
5. Rajnikant and Aishwarya


5 things that I would want to do next year
1. Visit Switzerland and France and take my family to Thailand
2. Balance my material and spiritual life
3. Get Nagpur Ashram construction started
4. Be more humble and lose weight!! :D :D
5. And Yeah!! Probably consider getting married.


The only purpose of declaring my short term goals or resolution, is because, I know if I declare, I would do it.
This is the most powerful thing which helps you stay committed.
This is a committment I have made to myself.


With this year ending, I feel my spirits are at an all time high!! I am desperately looking forward to meeting my best bud Varghese early next year. The end has been fantastic, the beginning will be awesome too.. I just need to keep the tempo going for the rest of the 2011. And these short term goals, are some achievable targets, for sure!

What are your top 5s, Junta?


9 comments:

  1. Nice blog, i think all of us shld plan accordingly, & shld hve commitment 2 achieve our goals.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Divya. Yes! planning is very important.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, may you achieve all 4 on your 'want to do' list in 2011.

    Though point 2 & 4 looks more like a long term thing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. For the 5 point I would like it to be modified a little bit. How about consider remaining single for a year more ?

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Arun : 2 and 4 are something which are achievable bit by bit. So to do that bit, I have resolved to do it this year. About 5, let me tell you..I was never single! Else I wouldn't have resolved for point no. 4!!
    Get that? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. True, small steps in the right direction. Good strategy.

    2&4 is too vague, you need to be more specific. Like losing weight then how much or what is the ideal weight do you wish to achieve ?

    about 5, my small brain cant comprehend the cryptic message. I think, I may have to contact you in order to understand it ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Arun: I am specific to myself and specific enough to the readers! So chill!
    About 5, whack your brains, dude! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey, dint mean to offend you. Anyways all the best for a dashing new year.

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Arun: I am not offended! do I sound like that? Sorry :P

    ReplyDelete

So..what do you think?

if there were no dreams

  if there were no dreams the permanence would slowly take over and the little escapes into the terrain of subconscious existence would deli...