Friday, March 06, 2009

TIME


I am almost a year old
And that’s what mamma told
But I can’t walk like the girl next door
“You’ll have to wait for a few months more”

I am six and I am tall
I want to be smart and play football
The ball wouldn’t go to the goal
“You are not yet fit for the role”

I am ten and I have a bike
I can do whatever I like
I fell and hurt myself so bad
“The wound will cure, don’t be sad”

I am sixteen, I sing so well
I can serenade my love – Michelle
But she broke my heart, miserable I feel
“You’ll find love again, your heart will heal”

I am twenty, I have my dreams
I want to conquer all realms
I know not where I should start
“Trust in me, just hit the dart”

I am twenty and six, and still confused
I think of all opportunities I refused
I feel dejected, I am in pain
“You will be in good spirits soon again”

I am seventy and I miss a voice
“You didn’t hear me friend!, when I made noise”
I want to live the years that were mine
“I cannot take you back, because I am TIME”

Why did it go so fast for years forty and four
I wish I could get some time more
“You don’t have me for very long
Even if you serenade me with a song”


You spoke to me when I was down
“Giving you hopes in times of frown”
You gave me lessons, but I would whine
“I am your teacher, child, I am TIME”

I know why it was right when it was wrong
Why I was weak when I needed to be strong
All lessons were intriguing, difficult but sublime
I live and marvel at the wonder called TIME.

10 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. time flies away soo quickly..n b4 u realize its generally too late 4any improvements..

    here i recall a fwd msg:
    by d time u realize dat ur dad was right, u will have a kid who will start thinking dat u r wrong....:P:P


    life is very short....live it 2 its fullest....:):)
    well written....:):)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow ..... fantastic. Hats off to the beautiful expression and creativity that is in you. :)

    Too good ....

    Keep it up up and away :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very true..Time waits for no one...if time is good its the best frend...if its bad its the best foe...time is the best teacher..its the best healer...face the time...and move with it...it will make u strong..it will make u conquer..

    Amazingly written...lovely piece...
    Keep inspiring:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I knew somethign was coming up..... But did not except such an exceptionally butiful piece!
    Excellent composition.... Well written, well laid out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Undoubtedly, one of your finest works...
    This is exactly the way the game is supposed to be played. :-D

    Time... my oldest friend, favourite teacher, my healing potion and a sworn enemy! :P

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's true, it's true. As time flies by, all you think is "time's so short and I'm sure there must be something more"...

    ReplyDelete
  8. B-E-A-utifully written.. :D
    Except that i'm not sure if Dreams and Realms actually rhyme.. :P

    ReplyDelete
  9. @laddu,sunny,varu,harshad,aniket,A.J: Thank you :)

    @ankur: thanks bud.... dreams and realms rhyme.... :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. written very nicely!!!
    amazing clarity of thought and expression..

    ReplyDelete

So..what do you think?

if there were no dreams

  if there were no dreams the permanence would slowly take over and the little escapes into the terrain of subconscious existence would deli...