Thursday, November 12, 2009

From the diary of an 87 year old… I

Day: Tuesday


Seems I am getting a hang of what they call a “laptop”. Raj, my son, gifted this and expected me to come up with a nice novel.
“Dad, wasn’t this one of the few things that you always wanted to do?”, he asked.
“Yeah, this was on my to-do list before I died”, I chuckled.
Alas, the death seems to be so near, and mind so in a quagmire, that any new idea cropping up in an 87 year old cerebrum seems a distant possibility. Nonetheless, this laptop deserves some attention too.
Its 9pm. Dinner’s done. I am waiting for the young chap and his girl to come to the park for a walk. They seem to love each other’s company. And I love to see them keep each other company.
They are late at times.
Seems, they must be working late. Or are have they gone for a movie tonight?
They never skip their after-meal walk!
Oh, there they come. They look good. Happy. The Boy’s looking extraordinarily fresh today. Did he skip work? He must have had a nice meal. Seems the lady cooked some nice stuff today.
As usual, they’ve taken their favorite place. I wish they sit, once at least, facing me. I would want them to know that they are a part of my night routine now.
I am glad the girl did not object the lighting of the cigarette, today. It made me happy.
“I need a fag too, dear boy” ;)
Happy smokin’ chap.
Time for me to wander in dreamland with my lady..
See you tomorrow.
Love,
Kher.


Contd..

Onto Chapter 2: From the Diaries... II

4 comments:

  1. how do you come up with such varied thoughts to write about.. in so many different perspectives.. well nonetheless.. this ones also amazing.. just like the others!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @maloo: at times...you only have to be a viewer of the picture tht u are a part of... and then see the fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Inspiration comes from so many places. And the senior citizens are one of the best ones you can get. They are often the quirkiest and have oodles of experience to share and stories to tell.

    Gotta love 'em!

    ReplyDelete

So..what do you think?

if there were no dreams

  if there were no dreams the permanence would slowly take over and the little escapes into the terrain of subconscious existence would deli...