Saturday, December 05, 2009

From the Diary….. II

I wonder what keeps me glued to the window and the sight outside. While I am looking at the dew drops settled on the window sill, I am reminded of Mrs. Kher. She would always write her name on the moist dust. KAMALA. She was pretty. I never told her, though. I miss her. Had we been friends, I would have taken her out on late night walks, just like the young chap does.
They have been here since evening, sitting on their favorite bench. I am able to hear what they are talking. But I am unable to make sense out of it. Finally, today ,I get to know their names.
Geeta and Shubh. I wonder are those their real names? I named my son Rajendra. And he made it short - Raj.
I wonder what could be their real names. Geetanjali and Shubhabhish ? Beautiful names! :)

Geeta: Will you stop cribbing about your work?
Shubh: ‘Crib’ is wrongly applied. The word means ‘cheat’ or ‘plagiarize’
Geeta: I have been using the word since ages. I am sure it doesn’t mean ‘cheat’, it means ‘complain’.
Therefore, my dear, we say ’stop cribbing’, which means, ‘stop complaining’.
Shubh : Why don’t you accept that you are wrong. I know the actual meaning, and when I am telling you what it means, you should accept it.
Geeta: Don’t teach me..


I am in a fix. What does the word actually mean? Both of them are having an interesting fight. No No, ‘not a fight’ like Shubh says, ‘it is a discussion’. I am learning quite a lot.
I shouldn’t be cribbing (complaining or cheating, whatever). The discussion seems endless. I feel like being a part of their discussion.
But it’s time for me to take a night’s sleep. The benazepril is working.
Good Night.
Love,
Kher.

contd....

Onto Chapter 3: From the diary.... III

Back to Chapter 1: From the diary...I

No comments:

Post a Comment

So..what do you think?

if there were no dreams

  if there were no dreams the permanence would slowly take over and the little escapes into the terrain of subconscious existence would deli...