Friday, October 04, 2019

Kids these days!

In utter disbelief, I gawked at the video screen when my sister told me a conversation that she and her 2.5 year old had at the doctors.

Doc to Kabir : Hi, What is your name?
Kabir: Kabir. I am a good boy.
Doc : Great. How's Life?
Kabir: Life is dangerous!

Oh so true!

It indeed is. Just that he mistook Life for Knife and said how you'd get hurt and how Life is dangerous. In silly repartee, most profound truths come out. This was one such truth.

I wonder what is happening at consciousness level, that is producing this magnificent generation of kids who can actually converse at the age of 2. Mind you, these conversations are not just any conversations, but have a depth, that you may normally ignore, citing the age, but if you really indulge, you'd know the immense depth they carry.

So Kabir loves talking to his Ammamma (Naani/Grandmother) and he usually prefers talking to her over me. So, my sister asked him if he disliked me? He did not say he did, all he said was, he wanted to talk to Ammamma. She insisted again, but never did he accept that he did not like me.

There is no concept of dislike in the dictionary of a 2 year old, wrt people. They just prefer one thing or one person more than the others. 

The concept of dislike is introduced by adults, who, over a period of time have developed a few. There is nothing to dislike, per se, sure - one can have preferences.

There is so much to learn from kids.

I imagine, sometimes, what the world would be if it were run by kids. Kids making big decisions of war and budget - there'd be none. They would trade their legos for food, and games for milk. Their actions would be backed by love alone. No political correctness, and no greed, nothing. Sheer barter system.

The world needs innocence and purity. The world needs sheer love and I am sure, it will be what it is meant to be!

Kids these days - should retain this innocence when they grow up too! Mankind has bright chances of surviving, this way!

There are so many stories, worth telling, since I have so many wonderful kids around me, but, one at a time! 

2 comments:

  1. Well, I have found a spot of wisdom here from your little 2 and a half year old and you..... no concept of dislike, merely preferences, why should we be pushed to dislike, it's far better to prefer (which takes one to the positive) instead of dislike (which takes one to the negative)... I'm gonna adopt your little one's attitude *smiles*. And thank you for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, we can learn so much from kids! I look forward to more wonderful stories of what we can learn from children!

    ReplyDelete

So..what do you think?

if there were no dreams

  if there were no dreams the permanence would slowly take over and the little escapes into the terrain of subconscious existence would deli...