Monday, April 08, 2013

Efa, good bye - # 6


Not just an electronic device
But like another heart
which would beat
with every message,
every call.

A delightful means of 
communication.
Surreal depiction of technology.
A friend in need.
I owe you the best conversations.

It's not one big deal,
you are a sum of tiny little
beautiful things
and even if I say I am in love
with a human, it's not enough
I cannot deny that I 
love you more than
any other thing,
any other being
in this world

But now the time's come
to let you go
Farewell, my love,
you were the best phone
I could've ever had!

***

PS: I am two days late for this one, Day 6, but it's apt nonetheless! :) Thanks for the amazing prompt! Seemed it fit in just well with my situation!

Here's the prompt: And now, our (completely optional) prompt for the day! This might seem like a bit of a downer, but I challenge you to write a valediction. This is a poem of farewell. Perhaps the most famous one is John Donne’s A Valediction Forbidding Mourning, which turns the act of saying good-bye into a very tender love poem. But your poem could say “good-bye” (and maybe good riddance!) to anything or anyone. A good-bye to winter might be in order, for example. Or good-bye to the week-old easter eggs in your refrigerator. Light or serious, long or short, it’s up to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

So..what do you think?

if there were no dreams

  if there were no dreams the permanence would slowly take over and the little escapes into the terrain of subconscious existence would deli...