Tuesday, October 16, 2012

The Story of an Engineer

I have a life, but people think I don't

They ask me to explain, but I really won't

My family thrives not simply, they enjoy

I earn for my beloved and two lovely boys



How does that happen, you may think?

I work so hard, my schedule stinks

I live my passion and work till nine

I am an Engineer, working just so fine



I make money I live my dreams

That explains all the desserts and ice creams

And also the matching curtains that change every year

And a posh, fully loaded - cruiser



I love my job, it defines me

I don't care what others see

I may look bugged, but I am at peace

Life's like a Burger with Mayonnaise and cheese



But one day'll come when I'll take the break

Sit back and ponder over my victories and mistakes

I'd have a peaceful heart for the efforts put

and retire from everything, if I should



With time calling me in its arms

I will have to fall for its charm

And that day I'd refuse to work till nine

I won't be dead, I 'd just be offline!

2 comments:

  1. Too good, I can relate this to my life, being a woman it becomes a much tough job, managing house, kids as well as workplace, nicely written yamini :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @divya: Glad you could relate to this Divya! thnks! :)

    ReplyDelete

So..what do you think?

if there were no dreams

  if there were no dreams the permanence would slowly take over and the little escapes into the terrain of subconscious existence would deli...