Monday, February 20, 2012

You came my way

I searched for you where they
dug dungeons deep,
unescapable

I looked for you on crests,
on peaks,
untracable

I turned back from valleys
which looked lost
in themselves

I read your existences
in all the books
on my shelves

Then I sat back
wondering,
I tired myself all out

When out of the blue
you appeared,
and gave a shout

I heard your voice,
but it echoed from
everywhere

I tried to chase a shadow,
but it didn't
seem to care

I sensed a movement,
I thought
it was a teasing dance

I smelt your fragrance,
I thought
I'd take a chance

I ran to the world's end,
until the circle
met

I dried my self in the sun
and allowed the rain
to drench me wet

I looked everywhere,
All night
all day

Finally I closed my eyes,
Tired,
And you came my way.

4 comments:

  1. Let me just say that the optimism in this poem is absolutely not obscure...but brimming out... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This piece was penned so well . And I guess , the words just took their own course .

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow ! It's heavenly beautiful. You have coordinated the lines so well,they are flowing so effortlessly ! Pleasure to read you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Kunal: Wow..thanks for the lovely comment :)

    @Of Prisms and Lives : Yeah, I think they did. Thanks for the comment :)

    @Dr. Mandeep Khanuja: Thank you so much! :)

    ReplyDelete

So..what do you think?

if there were no dreams

  if there were no dreams the permanence would slowly take over and the little escapes into the terrain of subconscious existence would deli...