Wednesday, April 06, 2011

Tangled Illusions

I was busy mail-trailing with a very very dear friend - Varu and he ended up sharing one of the finest piece of gyan ever.

We usually write and talk about so many things. We see, observe and do so many things, but fail to realise the subtle lesson that Life implies in every little act we do.

If we realise, then it's a lesson, if not, it's just a zombie act.

This is an amazing piece extracted out an email conversation which I was having with Varu and he ended up quoting this.

I couldn't help but publish it, because I know how bad he sucks at keeping up his blog..

"Its so simple.. Today I was at gym and my headphone wires were all tangled and messed up..and I almost took 2 mins to untangle it.. but i didn't lose patience and did it.

And I was successful.. what did I lose there?

I kept walking on the tread mill,  all I had to do was lessen my pace so that I don't fall as I untangled the messed up wires..

Once I untangled it, I enjoyed the music, increased my pace and completed my tread mill.

And then I was thinking, Life is exactly the same..Everytime situations may not be pleasing. All I need to do is lower my pace, have patience and untangle the problems one by one and then I am good to go and enjoy life. "

9 comments:

  1. Lowering the pace..... its only whn u do this that we realize ther's so much more to each moment than what we see usually

    ReplyDelete
  2. hmmm... interesting.

    Slowing your pace wouldnt be a good choice if mad dogs are chasing you :P :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is too good.Yamini as far as i think her varu means Varghese right?

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Tresa: Firstly, thanks a ton for visiting the blog.. lovely to have you here.
    Secondly, you are perfectly right.. if u lower your pace, there is much more than you can see!!


    @Arun: Even then, lowering the pace helps, trust me.. once bitten twice shy!

    @Sharang: Jee haan. Varu means Varghese Kutty. Poore cb2 me 3 hi toh philosohers the, Main, tu aur Varghese Kutty!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. well said varu....i agree wd u...it helps u see more than u usually do...ur better prepared for roadblocks ahead....and you start valuing the small joys of life...:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Shilpa: Awesome! It's a great great day that you have visited my blog.. Thank you so much.

    @Varu: you better keep sharing your Varu-isms.. My blog gets so many hits!! :D :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ha ha ha its not coz of varu-ism, its coz of yaminism..the way you put even simple things makes it worth reading...
    Thanks for featuring my gyan on ur blog...

    ReplyDelete
  8. @yam i am already bitten by a mad angry dog, not going to slow my pace :P

    ReplyDelete

So..what do you think?

if there were no dreams

  if there were no dreams the permanence would slowly take over and the little escapes into the terrain of subconscious existence would deli...