Friday, March 25, 2011

The Monalisa smile

(Picture Courtesy: Pooja Cornelius)

Eyes, like a sunrise
Like a rainfall
Down my soul
 And I wonder
I wonder why you look at me like that
What you're thinking
What's behind
Don't tell me
But it feels like love

                               - Evergreen, Westlife.
                                                                     
"Thanks for coming. It really means a lot."

She smiled.

"I am not the M.F.Hussain sorts, but I really needed someone for my assignment"

She smiled.

"So, what do you do?"

"I am a lawyer. And you?"

"I am a cop, and this is how I catch criminals.... I am painter, Madam"

"So is this your profession?"

"Yes. Don't I look like I am one?"

"No, I didn't mean that", she snorted and added, "So, how much time will you need?"

"How much time do you have?"

She smiled again and added, "You better begin."

"What's with your smile? You don't speak much, do you?"

She smiled again and nodded her head in affirmation.

"Was that a Yes, or a No"

"Yes, I don't speak much", she said.

"Well, that's like a perfect muse then. I can comfortably paint you, Monalisa"

"Are you playing around with the canvas, or have you started painting?"

"I am halfway through..."

"Already?"

"Listen... I am halfway through adjusting the lightings. I will click you and then you can
leave"

"Oh. I thought you were painting me live."

"You want me to do that?"

"Yes"

"How much time do you have?"

"Eternity", she smiled cracking a callous joke.

"You know when will I finish it?"

"When?"

"Never"

She smiled again.

"So, what time do I come tomorrow?", she asked.

"Anytime"

She left. And she came back after a few seconds.

"What's your name?", she asked.

The painter smiled.

1 comment:

So..what do you think?

if there were no dreams

  if there were no dreams the permanence would slowly take over and the little escapes into the terrain of subconscious existence would deli...