Thursday, December 30, 2010

F.O.G

It was a splendid morning today. I decided to ride all the way to work instead of taking the cab. I am glad I did that.
I have to ride more than 20 kms to reach my office. And what one normally does while riding a bike? Look around? Concentrate? Enjoy the ride?
Bleeaahh! I introspect!
The Fog was so dense that I couldn't see what stood 1 meter ahead. One particular patch of the road looked entirely clueless to me. But once I went through that patch, I plunged into a beautifully lit patch with sun shining bright and squeezing out of the fog which I had left behind.
I wondered what this FOG business was all about. And like a dreamy writer, I interpreted FOG as F.O.G = Forget Old Grudges.
With the year ending, I thought, instead of only being positive, I need to shed the negatives too. Ideally I tend to be an optimist, overtly so, but I find it really difficult to leave behind the pessimism. And I say I am an Obscure Optimist! So I decided to clean myself internally, by removing all the grossness, grudges, and forgive people who have hurt me, forgive life for treating me bad when I thought it treated me bad, forgetting all the times when I thought I was humiliated and treated badly. Let go my Ego and feel lighter. Forget all the Old Grudges which I had been accumulating.
So, in those 45 minutes of my journey from Home to Work, I FOGged while the heavens Fagged!
I forgive myself for thinking low about my abilities when I had no job, no work and no earnings.
I forget the grudges that I had against people who were hypocrites and pretended to be friends.
I forget the grudge that I held against You because you mistook me and thought that I reject your calls
I forget the grudge that I held against You for committing a dinner with me and then sliding away with someone else
I forgive You for showing me all the paradise and leaving me stranded, directionless. I have now found my way.
I forgive You for not returning my book after reading it.
I forgive You for reaching late every time when we decided to meet.
I forget the grudge that I held against You for removing the screen guard off my new brand cell phone.
I forgive Aishwarya Rai for marrying my sweetheart. I liked her performance in Guzaarish.
I forget the grudge that I held against You for not doing that extra bit when I did everything extra for you, your sister and your friends.
I forget the grudge I held against You for being so selfish and eccentric.
I forget all the old grudges and I feel free. If you can relate with the ‘You’, trust me, it’s forgotten and forgiven J
The Fog has cleared. And the Sun is shining bright. New Year, New Beginnings :)

4 comments:

  1. People who have time to keep grudges reduce the moments when they could have smiled and assume that they have a life long enough that they will compensate for the frowns later.
    I pity them.

    But if you are planning to "forgive life for treating me bad" - then think again - you seem to have misunderstood life's intentions :)

    Have great years ahead - enjoy to the max - grudgeless smilefull

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super Like.

    We all need to clear our FOG. No matter how important this is its quit difficult to forgive and even more to forget.

    Forgiving is like letting the prisoner free and knowing that the prisoner was you.

    Have a dashing and shining new year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You bet, sometimes nature gives us so much inspiration, only if we take time to think about it..

    Nice Post!
    love how you interpret FOG :)
    Following you Now.

    Defiant Princess
    http://khanvibes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Sunny: forgive life for treating me bad when I THOUGHT it treated me bad.
    Life always has a reason for the way it treats us, but in my human capacity, I couldn't take it as something good. :)

    @Arun: Glad you liked it.

    @Defiant Princess: Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete

So..what do you think?

if there were no dreams

  if there were no dreams the permanence would slowly take over and the little escapes into the terrain of subconscious existence would deli...