Monday, January 13, 2014

Good Old Days!


Picture Courtesy : Pooja Cornelius

The sillage of the pages of a dated book
The corners dog eared - the disdain look
Once I found a message from a George to a Susan
I kept the treasure safe, as the rack shook

From the roadside, piling up on used-reads
I would breathe the dust, along with my creed
"Kill a mocking bird" for a few rupaiahs, they'd yell
Gimme some more for less, I'd plead

Those days, collection of books wouldn't suffice
More the merrier, it would be the holiest prize
Today, I have dozens - a hundred and two
I can read them, but just on a device

The piles are heavier, but not intense
the pages shine, all in pretense
I wish to go back to those hard-bound days
when stories on pages made more sense

And so for my memoirs, I write to tell
There was once a time, when we all read well
now books are business, downloads - fun
Alas! Technology is where sanity dwells..

if there were no dreams

  if there were no dreams the permanence would slowly take over and the little escapes into the terrain of subconscious existence would deli...