Wednesday, December 16, 2009

From the Diaries……. X

I feel happy today. I am still staring outside the window wondering whether the scenery will have any alterations today. It’s beautiful nonetheless. I wonder what must have Shubh been writing since all these days.

All the items on my to-do list are checked. I have another desire…. Well…. Life’s almost over, isn’t it? But I am living all over again.
This time, I keep my wish, a secret.

Cheers!
-Kher.






…… “So what if I am 80? We can still go on a cruise!”, exclaimed Mr. Kher.

“Are you crazy? I was married to someone else, Mr. Kher, and now, with you?”, asked Mrs. Sen.

“What’s wrong in reliving the old friendship? We don’t have companions anymore”, sniggered Mr.Kher.

“Well, there’s no problem, but on a CRUISE?”, exclaimed the old lady.

“Well, that was the deal, wasn’t it”, he smiled.

And both of them laughed heartily reminiscing their good ol’ days.


THE END
- By Shubhadeep Kumar.



Back to Chapter 9: From the Diary...IX

Back to Chapter 1: From the Diary of an 80 year old...I

4 comments:

  1. Wow - nice twist.

    I was puzzled - read it 3 times. Nice one.

    So what is the next one starting??

    ReplyDelete
  2. @sunny : Glad you liked it.
    The only thing u shud have read is the title. That speaks it all i guess....

    i hope the other readers get it too.... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great series...I enjoyed the complete ride..

    nice and clever ending:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been out of the blog scene for quite a while... And I almost missed this little wonder you have put out!!

    Glad I checked it. Written extremely well... Nice build up, and the ending - do I even need to say anything about it? :)

    Keep writing!!!!

    ReplyDelete

So..what do you think?

if there were no dreams

  if there were no dreams the permanence would slowly take over and the little escapes into the terrain of subconscious existence would deli...