Tuesday, July 05, 2011

Missing, no more.. Just Quilling

My roomie's Hone Waale Pati Parmeshwar (HWPP) went to Germany for a few months. Though this wasn't happening for the first time, but this time the separation would be a bit different considering a few things :P

So Maloo is passionate about just two things. Lately I must say, the passion just boils down to one - QUILLING.

Now what is quilling?
"Quilling or paper filigree is an art form that involves the use of strips of paper that are rolled, shaped, and glued together to create decorative designs. The paper is wound around a quill to create a basic coil shape. The paper is glued at the tip and the coil shaped, these shaped coils are arranged to form flowers, leaves, and various ornamental patterns similar to ironwork"

Here are certain samples made by our Quilling expert:


Artist : Maloo

Artist: Maloo


So  this hobby finally took over the space and time which usually was filled by someone who is currently filling spaces in Germany!

While we were exchanging talks about her "HWPP" reaching Germany safely, she said, "Actually I told him that I don't miss him much anymore, because the day he left, I kinda missed him a bit, but when I got back to quilling I almost forgot him."

Sigh!

Poor dude. Imagine, hungry husband returns from work, tired of the constant nagging by his boss, he slams the door and says "Maloo, where are you, what are you doing? Dinner?"

She replies, "Go feed your self, I am doing my quilling"

And then the Pizza companies make money!!

Ok ok.. I got too much into the imagination, I am sure nothing of this sort is going to happen. :D

Everything will be definitely taken care of. Probably, quilling might become a family business eventually. Then on birthdays, anniversaries, we’ll have pretty quilling memoirs.. Wow!! Sigh Again!! :P

Anyone interested in Quilling classes? Drop in a comment :P

2 comments:

  1. OMG!! few days back I saw my friend mention quilling as her hobby and wondered what it is. Now I am in love with it. So desperate to make one like it.

    @maloo plz take me as your first student ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kya baat hain maloo ka yeh talent toh pata hi nahi tha...

    ReplyDelete

So..what do you think?

if there were no dreams

  if there were no dreams the permanence would slowly take over and the little escapes into the terrain of subconscious existence would deli...